Core team of Consultants has collective experience of 500+ years, with average experience of more than 20 years.
Director – REPL
Professor Jamal Ansari has been associated with teaching and practice of planning for more than 50 years. After superannuating from the position of the Director of the School of Planning and Architecture (SPA) New Delhi, he has been associated with the School as a visiting Professor and as a visiting faculty. Currently as Director – REPL, he plays the role of Advisory Consultant for all its infrastructure and planning related projects.
Earlier, for nearly 7 years, he chaired the Department of Physical Planning, the Department he built-up from scratch to pioneer undergraduate planning education in India. He was also the Dean of Studies of the School during 1979 to 1999. Sponsored by the All India Council of Technical Education (AICTE), Government of India, Prof. Ansari held the position of Emeritus Fellow for two years during 2005-2007 at the Faculty of Architecture and Ekistics, Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi.
Presently he is engaged in professional activities at both national and international levels. He was commissioned in 2004 as a consultant by the UN Habitat, Narirobi to write a chapter on Urban and Regional Planning Practices in South Asia for their Global Report on Human Settlements.
He holds M.Sc. degree in Urban & Regional Planning from University of Toronto; P.G. Diploma in Town & Country Planning (Hons.) from SPA, and B.Sc. (Civil) from Aligarh Muslim University (AMU).
His notable projects are:
- Guiding preparation of Master Plans for four new cities (each with design population of around one million)
- Guiding preparation of Master Plans for three towns in Orissa
- City Development Plans (CDP) for 9 towns in M.P.
- Redevelopment Plans/Schemes for Municipal Corporation of Delhi (MCD)
- GIS & Remote Sensing based plans for SPA; 3 towns in Odisha
- Supervision in preparation of Hi-Tech Township project at Lucknow for Ansal Properties
- DPR for Hi-Tech City (Megapolis) at Dadri, Greater Noida, U.P.
- Revised Master Plan for Noida- 2011
- Master Plan for Noida for 2021
- Development Plan or Surajpur-Kasna Integrated Complex for a projected population of 3,00,000
- Perspective Development Plan 2021 for Spatial Development of AMU Campus, Aligarh
- Preparation of Concept Plan for Inter State Chandigarh Metropolitan Region
- Revision of NCR Plan – 1998, for NCR Planning Board
- Development Controls in Delhi, for SPA
- Monograph on Guidelines for Preparation of Sector Plans for DDA
- Studies relating to the Revision of Master Plan for Delhi 2001
- Identifying Counter Magnet Cities for Delhi
- Socio-economic and Transportation study for NOIDA Master Plan, 1988-99
- Structure Plan, and a Low Cost Sanitation Program for a town in Andhra Pradesh
- Environmental Impact Assessment and Guidelines for Industries Development in Delhi NCR
He has written more than 50 research paper for refereed/non-refereed journals in India and abroad. He has also read nearly 45 papers at conferences across the globe. His book on Urban Land Management in Asia’s Developing Countries (1996) was commissioned and distributed internationally by United Nations.
He is a Fellow Member of Institute of Town Planners, India (ITPI); Life time Member of Indian Institute of Public Administration (IIPA); a member of Panel of Advisors for Urban Arts Commission, Delhi.
Director – Rudrabhishek Infosystem Pvt. Ltd. (RIPL)
Ms. Soumya Das has 13 years of experience. She specializes in Architecture, Planning and Management. She holds a degree in B. Arch. from C.E.T, Bhubaneswar; Masters in Environment Planning from School of Planning and Architecture (SPA); and she has also done advance programme in Strategic Management from IIM Calcutta.
As Director RIPL, she holds the overall responsibility of subsidiary company of REPL that provides Geographical Information System (GIS) based solutions to its clients. Her expertise areas also include Regional Planning, Master Planning, Environment Planning, GIS, ERP, Feasibility Analysis, Strategic Management and Business Development.
She has handled projects of diverse natures such as, U.P. Sub-regional Plans, Master Plans, Redevelopment Plans, Hitech Township projects, Integrated Township projects, GIS enabled data management applications, Contact Center Services, and other projects using AR-VR technologies.
DGM – Urban Planning
AT REPL, he leads Urban Planning team by guiding on technical aspects, such as physical, social and economic analysis; land use analysis as per master plan; analysis of government policies/programs/regulations/bylaws and its level of implementation; region delineation; identification of land for development; SWOT analysis, infrastructure analysis, projections, gap assessment, benchmarking & assessment of urban governance; value chain analysis for various business and industrial development; identification of business/industrial potentials in the region; identification of land for Greenfield megacity /Township development on the basis of potential of the regions; concept master planning; land suitability for various type of developments; identification of various projects for development and its broad cost estimation; investment plan preparation; and phasing & implementation strategy formulation for sustainable development. His other areas of expertise include thematic mapping & base map creation on GIS and AutoCAD platforms.
Additionally he takes lead in presentation to the clients, stakeholders’ consultation, community mobilization, report writing, proposal preparation and overall coordination of projects.
His notable projects are:
• Integrated strategic urban development plans for cluster II towns of Kenya
• Perspective plan of Delhi Mumbai Industrial Corridor (DMIC)
• Haryana Sub-Regional Plan
• City Development Plans (CDPs) for 21 towns in Bihar, MP and Arunachal Pradesh
• City Business Plans (CBPs) for 9 towns in Bihar
• Technical Feasibility and Master Planning for World Class Railway Station Development for 2 towns, Chandigarh (Punjab) and Habibganj (MP)
• Integrated Development of DPL Township on PPP basis in Durgapur, West Bengal
• Feasibility Study for commercial development along eight water bodies in Coimbatore
• City Sanitation Action Plan for 5 towns in Arunachal Pradesh
• DPR for JNNURM buses in Bikaner (Rajasthan) and MTEF (Mid Term Expenditure Framework) for School Education for the Government of Chhattisgarh
• Concept master plan for ISKCON mayapur, West Bengal
• Master plan of Spatial Planning Area of Barbil, Baripada and Keonjhar towns of Odisha
He has also completed a number of professional certifications, such as:
• Online certificate course on “Municipal Finances : A Learning program for Local Governments” from World Bank
• Online certificate course on “Sustainable Urban Land use Planning” from World Bank
• Online certificate course on “Urban Poverty” from University of Amsterdam
• Online certification course from NIDM and World Bank on
• “Financial Strategies for Managing the Economic Impact of Natural Disasters”
• “Community Based Disaster Risk Reduction”
• Certificate from the ‘ISRO’ (Indian Space Research Organization) – CAZRI, Jodhpur for the successful completion of training program on “Digital Image Processing and its Applications”
He is also a Lifetime Associate Member of Institute of Town Planners, India (ITPI).
AGM – Planning
Ms. Nitya Agarwal has 10 years of experience, including 8 years of association with REPL. She holds Master’s Degree in Planning (Housing) from SPA Delhi, and also Bachelor of Architecture from Integral University, Lucknow. Her specialization area is Town Planning.
At REPL, she is responsible for overall coordination of projects related to urban and township planning. She has been associated with one of our prime projects ‘Redevelopment of Old City Shahjahanabad, Delhi’ since its inception.
Presently involved in various ‘Township Development’ projects spread across state of Uttar Pradesh, she oversees timely completion of various drawings and documents required for their approval, and provides her experienced inputs for improving the quality of the designs. She has also been involved in Government of India’s flagship slum development programme ‘Rajiv Awas Yojana’ which has now been merged into another premier programme ‘Housing for All’
Her other notable projects are:
• Slum-Free City Plans of Action for various cities in Bihar
• Allahabad Hi-tech Township, spread over 1500 Acres
She is a member of ‘Council of Architecture’ and ‘Institute of Town Planners’ (ITPI).
Mr. Sasanka Sekhar Rath has 9 years of experience. He specializes in regional planning and GIS (Geographical Information System). He holds a degree in Masters of Geography (Sambalpur University) and post graduate diploma in Geo-informatics.
At REPL, he is an in-charge of Bhubaneswar branch office and his areas of expertise include Updation of Base Maps, Baseline Studies & Assessment of Existing Situation, SWOT Analysis, Preparation of Master plan, Drafting Development Proposals on GIS Platforms and Data monitoring, and QC of Spatial & Non-Spatial Data.
His notable projects are:
- GIS based data management for water front, Hi-Tech Township project at Allahabad, Lucknow, Dadri, Agra, Doondaherra.
- GIS based data management for Sushant City, Meerut.
- NCR Sub regional plan UP sub region.
- Preparation of GIS and Remote Sensing based master plan for SPA for Barbil, Baripada and Keonjhar in Odisha.
- Jaipur Master Plan project under JNNURM.
- Gas pipeline project, USA
- Zonal development plan for Muradnagar.
- Jaipur Masterplan 2025.
- Preparation of RS/GIS Based Masterplan for Dhenkanal Regional Improvement Trust, Dhenkanal.
- Masterplan for Bhawanipatna, Special Planning Authority, Bhawanipatna.
His team got recognition for Master plan Jaipur from The Chief Minister of Rajasthan.
He is a life member of Eastern Geographical Society.
Manager – GIS Operation
Mr. Sudhakar Sharma has 9 years of wide and varied experience in the field of Remote Sensing & GIS. His areas of interest are Geo-informatics, GPS, Survey application in Planning, Hydrology, and Natural Resource Management. He holds Masters degree in Science from Jiwaji University, Gwalior, and is currently pursuing PhD from Nirma University, Ahmadabad as an external candidate.
At REPL, he manages complete project, from beginning to the end. His functional areas include Business Development, Approach & Methodology Development, Project management, Client interaction, and Commercial presentation. He is also responsible for QA/QC for final deliverables.
His notable projects are:
- Developed a remote sensing and GIS based approach for flood forecasting and warning for Lower Tapi Basin, India funded by ISRO
- Satellite derive rainfall and runoff variation from altimeter and radiometer data for Ganga River funded by ISRO
- Web-Enabled Semi-Automatic Remote Sensing & GIS data Analysis Software funded by DRDO
- Developed artificial flooding zone using remote sensing & GIS data funded by DRDO
- Prepared Street Vending Plan for Jhansi city under NULM
Currently, he is a member of many prestigious organizations namely:
- GIS Development (Geospatial Forum)
- Life Member of Indian Society of Geomatics
- International Association of Hydrological (IAH)
- Life Member of Indian Society of Remote Sensing (ISRS)
He has attended more than 20 national and international conferences and presented his work.
Manager – Planning
Ms. Gargi Asati has 7 years of experience, having association with REPL since beginning of her career. She has done M.Tech Urban Planning from BIT Mesra and also holds B. Arch degree from Nagpur University. She specializes in planning projects and township projects.
At REPL, she is responsible for coordinating & managing projects with different internal teams, consultants and the client. She has been involved actively in the preparing reports, client presentations, developing approach & methodology for various tender documents and making financial quotations for the projects.
Her notable projects are:
- Uttar Pradesh Sub-regional Plan 2021
- Master Plans for Baripada, Barbil and Keonjhar, Odisha
- Zonal Development Plans for Ghaziabad, Muradnagar and Modinagar, U.P.
- Rajiv Awas Yojana for 41 slums of Berhampur, and 3 slums in Bhubaneswar, Odisha
- Hi-tech township in Dadri, U.P.
She is a Member of Council of Architecture (CoA).